Low Income Pandemic Payment (LIPP)
A one-off £130 Low Income Pandemic Payment (LIPP), will be paid to eligible households by the end of October 2021 who are either:
- in receipt of Council Tax Reduction (CTR) (this does not includes Single Person's Discount - 25%) for at least one day during the period 1st April 2021 - 30th April 2021, or
- exempt or have no liability for Council Tax on the following basis:
- all the occupants are under 18
- all the occupants are care leavers
- all the occupants are severely mentally impaired
- the property is unoccupied because the resident has gone to someone else's home to provide care or the resident receives care elsewhere
- all occupants are accessing Housing Support Service and/or living in temporary accommodation or a refuge.
You must have been registered for Council Tax in Perth & Kinross Council during April 2021.
If you were a resident of another Council area during April, you should apply to the first Council area that you lived in.
Application process and processing times
We will write to you inviting you to make an application. You will then need to apply either online or via telephone within 28 days of receipt of our letter. If you do not apply within 28 days then the £130 will be credited to your Council Tax account.
We will make a decision on your application within 28 days of receipt and if successful, we will make payment to your nominated bank account within within 10 working days or Council Tax account within 28 days of making a decision on your application.
Evidence of a bank account must also be received within 28 days of the letter in order for payment to be made direct.
We cannot make payments into Post Office accounts.
Our delivery will begin with eligible households that fall in to the exempt categories.
If you think you qualify for a LIP payment and you would like this amount to reduce the amount of Council Tax you are liable to pay then we can credit your account very quickly with the £130 payment. If this is your preferred method of payment then please email the Welfare Rights Team at WelfareRights@pkc.gov.uk or call us on 01738 476900 (option 1).
How LIPP affects benefit entitlement
If you receive Universal Credit, then this payment will be counted as capital. This will not normally affect the amount you receive unless you have savings or other capital totalling over £6,000. If you are concerned that this payment could impact your Universal Credit award, you should report the payment in your journal by signing in to your Universal Credit account or by calling the Universal Credit helpline on 0800 328 5644.
This payment will be disregarded in full for other benefits and for income tax purposes.
This payment is in addition to support delivered through the Family Pandemic Payment.
How to apply
Apply Online or call our Customer Service Centre on 0345 30 111 00.