A Local Government (Council) election will be held on Thursday 5 May 2022 to elected 40 members (Councillors) to Perth and Kinross Council.
- About this election
- Information for Prospective Candidates
- Statutory Notices
About this election
Local Government (Council) elections are operated under the Single Transferable Vote (STV) system. Voters use numbers to mark their ballot paper ranking candidates in preferential order. Factsheets have been produced on the and on .
Information for prospective candidates
Please see more information on Becoming a Councillor which provides information on what do councillors do, what's expected of a councillor and how do I become a councillor.
Guidance for candidates and agents is also available on the Electoral Commission's website which provides information on:
- Can you stand for election
- Standing as an independent candidate
- Standing as a party candidate
- Spending and donations
- The campaign
- Your right to attend key electoral events
- After the declaration of results
COSLA's Why You? campaign encourage people to consider standing for office ahead of the next Local Government elections.
Who is eligible to vote?
You can vote in the Local Government elections if you are registered to vote and are:
- Resident within the electoral area
- Aged 16 or over on the 5 May 2022
- A qualifying British, Irish or Commonwealth citizen
- A qualifying foreign citizen who has permission to stay in the UK, or who does not need such permission
- A convicted prisoner normally resident in Scotland and serving a combined sentence of 12 months or less anywhere in the UK
- A member of the House of Lords
Count and results
The election count was held electronically on Friday 6 May 2022. Local Government Election Results in 2022
Electoral Registration Office (ERO)
Electoral Registration Officer - Alistair Kirkwood
The Electoral Registration Officer deals with electoral register enquiries, amendments and applications to register to vote, applying for a postal or proxy vote.
Electoral Registration Officer (ERO)
Tel: 01738 630303
Perth and Kinross Council Election Office
Returning Officer - Thomas Glen
For information about; elections, dates and notices, candidate nominations, polling places, issues with postal votes not being received, spoilt or lost, ballot papers and how to vote, results or any other election related query: