New applications for additional bins for non-recyclable general waste
The Council appreciates that there are some households who will produce additional waste which cannot be recycled. A second waste bin may be available to households with:
- 5 or more permanent residents
- 2 children aged 3 or under in disposable nappies living in the property
- a permanent resident who produces non-recyclable, non-hazardous, healthcare waste
If your household meets one of the conditions above, you can apply online for a second 140L pink/purple waste bin.
Once your application has been received, and all documents are submitted in support of your application, an adviser may contact you to discuss this further. All personal information will be handled sensitively and in confidence. Information provided will only be used to ensure the appropriate capacity of non-recyclable waste is provided. Bins will only be issued once documents have been checked by a member of staff. Only approved second waste bins will be emptied.
Renewal of additional bins for non-recyclable general waste
If you received notification regarding renewal, you have unfortunately missed the deadline for completing your application. If you still meet the criteria, you will have to re-apply for an additional bin using the link above.
Requesting other additional bins
Submit your request via the link below to:
- Request additional blue or brown bins (up to 2 each per household)
- Order new kerbside bins if you're moving in to a brand new house
- Get lost, stolen or damaged household bins replaced
- Request removal of an unwanted bin