Find out changes to our services and advice in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Bin requests

Additional bins for non-recyclable general waste

The Council appreciates that there are some households who will produce additional waste which cannot be recycled. A second waste bin may be available to households with:

  • 5 or more permanent residents


  • 2 children aged 3 or under in disposable nappies living in the property


  • a permanent resident who produces non-recyclable, non-hazardous, healthcare waste

If your household meets one of the conditions above, you can apply online for a second 140L pink/purple waste bin.

Apply for a second green bin

Once your application has been received, and all documents are submitted in support of your application, an adviser may contact you to discuss this further. All personal information will be handled sensitively and in confidence. Information provided will only be used to ensure the appropriate capacity of non-recyclable waste is provided. Bins will only be issued once documents have been checked by a member of staff. Only approved second waste bins will be emptied.

Renewal of pink-lidded bins for non-recyclable general waste

If you have received a letter regarding renewal of your additional bin you have unfortunately missed the deadline to complete this process. Please reapply using the button above.

Requesting other additional bins

Submit your request via the link below to:

  • Request additional blue or brown bins (up to 2 each per household)
  • Order new kerbside bins if you're moving in to a brand new house
  • Get lost, stolen or damaged household bins replaced
  • Request removal of an unwanted bin

    Request additional recycling bins, replacement bins or removal of bins

    Contact details

    Waste and recycling

    Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD
    Tel 01738 476476