Allotment - useful resources
There are many groups and organisations which may be of interest to those involved in allotments and community gardens.
- Voluntary Action Perthshire have a Community Toolkit which includes really useful information on setting up a community group.
- The Scottish Allotments and Gardens Society works for allotment sites and plot holders throughout Scotland. They have a great website with relevant information on setting up an allotment and are very happy to deal with any questions from individuals and groups. Their publication, Allotments - A Scottish Plot Holders Guide covers the basic culture of allotment gardening and allotment law.
- For those looking at getting involved in setting up a community allotment: the Allotment Flowchart [9Kb] and the Allotment Checklist [89Kb].
- Allotment Health & Safety advice is covered in How to Get Started and information on managing risk for Voluntary Organisations.
- The Healthy Working Lives website is also a great source of information.
- Tayside Biodiversity Partnership website page for both the "Biodiversity in Community Gardens, Orchards and Allotments" booklet and the Scottish Plotholders' Guide.
In addition to these, there are many useful resources for those thinking about starting an allotment, orchard, or community garden group in our Useful resources list Allotments [117Kb].