Information on how to access services for people with health conditions and/or disabilities to find sustainable employment throughout Perth and Kinross
Who can access the service?
Individuals who have an acquired brain injury, learning disability, mental health issues, autistic spectrum condition, physical disabilities, or sensory loss and wish to access employment.
- Referrals to the employment support team should be done formally using the Employment Support Team Referral Form.
- EST will contact you to confirm receipt of referral
- The acknowledgement letter states that the EST is in receipt of the referral and that has been placed on the allocations list. In addition, a Community Facilitator shall be in contact with the individual / referrer to discuss referral requirements.
Referrals to the EST will only be accepted from the following sources:
- LD fieldwork team assessing worker
- Local area co-ordinators
- GPs / other medical practitioners
- NHS Tayside assessing worker (includes DN's, OT's, CLDN, Physios, Psychologists)
- Mental Health Team assessing worker
- Perth & Kinross Council Early Intevention and Prevention Team assessing worker
- Community mental health teams
- Employability stakeholders / partner agencies (job centre + / move ahead / etc)
- Referrals and the acknowledgement of these is not confirmation that the EST will support the individuals to undertake development, training and employment