Business advice and funding
Perthshire has a high level of business start-ups and its people have a strong entrepreneurial flair which Perth and Kinross Council and its partners aim to nurture and build upon. If you are thinking of starting your own business or expanding an existing one, Perthshire is the ideal location.
Business advice and guidance
- Business Gateway - Practical help, advice and support for new and growing businesses in Perth & Kinross area. Perth & Kinross Council funds the Business Gateway to act as a one stop contact point for business enquiries.
- Business Debt-line - Provides practical advice that is designed to help you successfully manage your way through financial difficulties.
- Inward investment - If you require more information about inward investment, email email@example.com or phone 01738 475300.
Business grants and loans
Businesses which are seeking finance to support growth and expansion can consider a number of options including loans and grants, such as Business Loans Scotland and the Scottish Micro Finance Fund.
View a list of funding support schemes [608Kb] which are available locally and nationally.
Rural Perth and Kinross Micro Enterprise Fund
The Rural Micro Enterprise Fund has been designed to assist rural businesses and other organisations looking to undertake viable growth projects. The recipient must be able to demonstrate that any proposed project is essential to ongoing business growth, and that it will have a positive economic impact on the local area. Potentially viable projects include the purchase of capital equipment, product or market development and commercial property acquisition or improvement. Grants of between £1,500 and £5,000 are available and the scheme is open to businesses/organisations that are based outside the three Perth City council wards. Please note: the Fund is now temporarily closed to applications and will resume in April for financial year 2019/20. Application forms will be downloadable from this page in April.
- Business rates relief and reductions
If you own or occupy any of the following types of non-domestic properties, you may be eligible for a rates reduction:
- Empty properties
- Premises of a charity or non-profit making organisation
- Properties used for recreational purpose
- Properties where nursing care is provided
- Small businesses