Find out changes to our services and advice in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Business advice and funding

Perthshire has a high level of business start-ups and its people have a strong entrepreneurial flair which Perth and Kinross Council and its partners aim to nurture and build upon. If you are thinking of starting your own business or expanding an existing one, Perthshire is the ideal location.

Business advice and guidance

  • Business Gateway - Practical help, advice and support for new and growing businesses in Perth & Kinross area. Perth & Kinross Council funds the Business Gateway to act as a one stop contact point for business enquiries.
  • Business Debt-line - Provides practical advice that is designed to help you successfully manage your way through financial difficulties.
  • Inward investment - If you require more information about inward investment, email or phone 01738 475300.

Business grants and loans

Businesses which are seeking finance to support growth and expansion can consider a number of options including loans and grants, such as Business Loans Scotland and the Scottish Micro Finance Fund. 

View a list of icon funding support schemes [300Kb] which are available locally and nationally.

Business rates

View our Business rates relief and reductions area for more information.

If you own or occupy any of the following types of non-domestic properties, you may be eligible for a rates reduction:

  • Empty properties
  • Premises of a charity or non-profit making organisation
  • Properties used for recreational purpose
  • Properties where nursing care is provided
  • Small businesses