Copies of certificates - births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships
You can apply for a copy of any birth, death, marriage or civil partnership certificate registered in Scotland. If the event took place in the current year we can only supply certificates for events registered in Perth and Kinross. There are certain details you need to order a copy. For a copy of an adopted birth certificate, please contact National Records of Scotland Tel. No. 0131 314 4411.
Information you should provide
- Births - full name, date of birth and place of birth.
- Deaths - full name, date of death and place of death.
- Marriages / Civil Partnerships - full names of bride and groom or civil partners, date of marriage or partnership, place of marriage or partnership.
Cost for certificates
- £15.00 for a full certificate and £10 for additional copies of the same certificate.
- £10.00 if you show us an original certificate at time of purchase.
- £10 at time of registration and for one calendar month after registration.
If you are researching your Family History, certificates can be produced for events in Scotland going back to 1855.
How to apply for a copy of a certificate
We can usually produce any certificate within three working days.