Person receiving child benefit

If a member of your household is 18 but you are still entitled to child benefit for them, you may be able to get 25% discount on your council tax bill.


You must be the only adult in your home other than the person who qualifies for child benefit.  If there are other adults residing at the property, you may still be entitled to a discount depending on their circumstances.  Please contact Local Taxes on 01738 477430 for more information.

This discount reduces your Council Tax, water and sewerage charges.

How to apply

Please enclose a copy of your award letter from the Department for Work and Pensions, to show that Child Benefit is in payment.

Other help available

For further advice about benefit entitlement or other help available, please contact the Welfare Rights Advice Line on 01738 476900 (option 1) or visit the Benefits and advice section.

Contact details

Local Taxes

Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD
Tel 01738 477430