Spouse / dependant of foreign students
If a member of your household is a non-British spouse/civil partner or dependant of a student, you may be entitled to get a discount on your council tax bill.
You may be eligible for 50% discount if you are a non-British spouse/civil partner or dependant of a student . If there are other adults residing at the property, you may still be entitled to a discount depending on their circumstances. Please contact Local Taxes on 01738 477430 for more information.
To qualify a person must be:
- the spouse/civil partner or dependant of a student
- a non-British citizen
- prevented by the terms of his/her leave to enter or remain in the UK from taking paid employment or from claiming benefits
How to apply
- By completing and returning the student certificate [152Kb] and personal discount application [831Kb] forms
- In person at Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD
- By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You should provide proof that you are prevented from taking paid employment or claiming benefits.