Where a property has been repossessed, it may be exempt from charge from the date of repossession.
This exemption applies to Council Tax, water and sewerage charges.
To qualify for exemption the property must:
- have been formally repossessed by the mortgage lender
- be unoccupied
How to apply
- By telephoning Local Taxes on 01738 477430
- By completing and returning the unoccupied property exemption [278Kb] form
- In person at Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD
- By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be required to provide proof of the date of repossession and the name and address of the company who have repossessed the property.