Where a property has been repossessed, it may be exempt from charge from the date of repossession.

This exemption applies to Council Tax, water and sewerage charges.


To qualify for exemption the property must:

  • have been formally repossessed by the mortgage lender
  • be unoccupied

How to apply

You will be required to provide proof of the date of repossession and the name and address of the company who have repossessed the property.

Contact details

Local Taxes

Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD
Tel 01738 477430