Person in long term hospital or care home
If a property is vacant because the sole resident is in hospital as a long-term patient or in a care home, it may qualify for council tax exemption.
This exemption applies to Council Tax, water and sewerage charges.
You can apply if you:
- have moved into a care home on a permanent basis
- have moved into hospital on a long-term basis and can no longer be considered as solely or mainly resident in your home (a short stay does not count)
How to apply
- By telephoning Local Taxes on 01738 477430
- By completing and returning the hospital certificate [62Kb] and unoccupied property exemption [278Kb] forms
- In person at Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD
- By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are applying for a reduction because you are in a care home, a member of the team will contact the home to verify your application.
You must notify us if the property becomes occupied again as a charge will be applicable.