Mobile navigation

Report abandoned vehicles

The Council will help to deal with any abandoned vehicles or bicycles in your street or locality before they become a hazard. Different responses are taken depending on whether the vehicle or bicycle is on public or private land.

If the vehicle is likely to cause an accident please contact the Police by calling the non emergency telephone number 101.

If the vehicle is on private land please contact the land owner in the first instance as we can only move the vehicle if requested directly by the land owner.

Report an abandoned vehicle online

Alternatively, telephone the Customer Service Centre on 01738 476476.

Reporting an abandoned bicycle (or part of a bicycle)

You can report an abandoned bicycle (or part of a bicycle) by telephoning Waste Services at Pullar House on 01738 476476 or emailing with the following details:

  • Precise location of bicycle
  • Description of bicycle, size (adult's bike or child's bike) make (if possible), colour and any defining features.
  • Approximate length of time the bicycle has been at this location.
Last modified on 20 January 2022

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon