Perth burgh burial registers, 1794-1855
The Archive holds all the burial registers for Perth burgh and the Friends have transcribed the earliest volumes
In the database you'll find records containing details from the burial registers. These can include full name, age, dates of death and burial, cause of death, names of kin, occupation and details of the burial. The information varies from register to register, so not all details will appear in all the records.
You can simply browse the database by using the page buttons below or you can search by name and/or date:
- Type in a surname and/or forename and/or date and click search.
- Tick the alternative names box to bring up variant spellings of the name you're searching for.
- If your search is successful, a hit list will appear and you can click the blue record number to find the details that were recorded in the register itself.
- From the record you can return to your hit list by clicking back to summary page.
- To make a fresh search, click the reset button.
Names with question marks denote the best we can make out from illegible names in the register itself.
Please note: The Archive only holds the original burial records for Perth burgh, 1794-1977 (PE1/20), some for Kinnoull, 1880-1901 (PE1/20/28), and for Kirkton of Mailer burial ground, 1850-1975 (MS52). All other burial records, the majority dating from 1900, are held by Bereavement Services.
|Record No||Full Name||Burial Date||Cemetery|
|31||Isobela McDONALD||15 September 1844||Greyfriars|
|32||Mary PROUDFOOT||16 September 1844||Greyfriars|
|33||John McFARLANE||20 September 1844||Greyfriars|
|34||Christian ROY||21 September 1844||Greyfriars|
|35||Janet MILLER||21 September 1844||Greyfriars|
|36||John McWILLIAM||24 September 1844||Greyfriars|
|37||Catherine DOW||24 September 1844||Greyfriars|
|38||Joseph IMRIE||26 September 1844||Greyfriars|
|39||Mary McDONALD||26 September 1844||Greyfriars|
|40||Ann WHIMSTER ?||09 September 1844||Greyfriars|
|41||Janet LYAL||09 September 1844||Greyfriars|
|42||William ROBERTSON||10 September 1844||Greyfriars|
|43||David LOW||12 September 1844||Greyfriars|
|44||William WYLIE||13 September 1844||Greyfriars|
|45||Christian McLAREN||14 September 1844||Greyfriars|