Perthshire has a high level of business start-ups and its people have a strong entrepreneurial flair which Perth and Kinross Council and its partners aim to nurture and build upon. If you are thinking of starting your own business or expanding an existing one, Perthshire is the ideal location.
Business advice and guidance
- Business Gateway - Practical help, advice and support for new and growing businesses in Perth & Kinross area. Perth & Kinross Council funds the Business Gateway to act as a one stop contact point for business enquiries.
- Inward investment - If you require more information about inward investment, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01738 475300.
- Growbiz - Offers a variety of support services to individuals willing to set-up a business or to develop a business in rural Perth & Kinross.
- Perthshire Chamber of Commerce - Provides a programme of social and corporate events to network, share best practice, and access training and support services.
- Business Debt-line - Provides practical advice that is designed to help you successfully manage your way through financial difficulties.
- Find business support in Scotland - Find Business Support - directs your business to Scotland's public sector support. It gives customers an overview of all funding and services offered by public sector organisations across Scotland. This makes it quicker and easier for businesses to find the information, advice and support they need, when they need it. Information is available for businesses of all sizes - from start-ups to established companies, from sole traders to large enterprises, from commercial businesses to social enterprises.
Business grants and loans
Green Recovery Capital Development Grant
The Green Recovery Capital Development Grant - provides specific support to SME businesses and organisations, enabling them to invest in capital projects to implement new systems, new ways of working, new machinery, and investment in green technology. Grants are available up to £25,000 covering up to 50% of eligible costs. Project must be of minimum £10,000 (this equates to a minimum £5,000 match from the business) except for EV charging point applications.
Beyond Scotland Market Development Grant
Grants of up to £3,000, covering up to 50% of eligible costs, are available for projects which will enable businesses to expand their market overseas and into other parts of the UK (excluding Scotland). This is a competitive grant and projects are assessed on their potential impact. The grant is flexible and eligible costs could include:
- Exhibition and trade show attendance and exhibition stand costs
- Transport and accommodation (where these are directly related to a specific business event or initiative)
- Marketing activities and brand development
- New product development
- Consultancy services
Contact email@example.com for more details.
View our Business rates relief and reductions area for more information.
If you own or occupy any of the following types of non-domestic properties, you may be eligible for a rates reduction:
- Empty properties
- Premises of a charity or non-profit making organisation
- Properties used for recreational purpose
- Properties where nursing care is provided
- Small businesses