External links and networks for businesses
Information on external organisations and networks that provide support, advice, training and funding for businesses to address their waste and recycling concerns.
Businesses can access additional advice and support on how to reduce waste to landfill, or to improve overall resource efficiency by contacting the following organisations:
- Resource Efficient Scotland: Offers support to businesses through a wide variety of programmes, tools, training & events.
- Scottish Environmental Protection Agency: SEPA is the regulating body for all environment legislation in Scotland.
- The Energy Saving Trust: The EST gives impartial, accurate and authoritative advice on how to reduce carbon emissions and use water more sustainably, as well as to help save money on energy bills.
- Green2Go: Green2Go is an initiative set up and run by Housing and Community Safety collecting steel and aluminium cans from premises across Perth & Kinross, Tayside, and parts of Fife.
- Abertay Centre for the Environment: ACE Eco-partnerships can offer free comprehensive assistance to eligible small medium sized enterprises (SMEs) with less than 250 employees.
- Perth College: Undertake specialist projects for, or provide specialist support to, local businesses.
- Chartered Institute of Waste Management: The professional body for waste experts, offers an accredited one day Waste Awareness course, aimed at providing employees with the knowledge and information sources to help your company minimise waste and stay within the law.
- PKC's Waste Awareness Team - Offers litter pickers to businesses wishing to boost their community engagement and green credentials.
Training and courses
- Green Champion Course: A free online training course from Resource Efficient Scotland for Scottish small and medium size enterprises/organisations. Create a training account to access free modules, tools, and a dedicated Resource Efficient Scotland mentor to train up your Green Champion.
- Chartered Institute of Waste Management - training and events: The professional body for waste experts, offers an accredited one day Waste Awareness course, aimed at providing employees with the knowledge and information sources to help your company minimise waste and stay within the law.
- Energy Saving Trust: Use the Energy Saving Trust's employee engagement services, training courses and e-learning tools to help you engage and inspire your workforce in your sustainability agenda.
- Resource Efficient Scotland Training and Events: Discover sector specific training opportunities, workshops and events Resource Efficient Scotland will be hosting to support Scottish businesses to become resource efficient.
- Climate Change: Solutions Course: Learners will explore solutions to this global challenge, including mitigation, adaptation and geo-engineering, which can help avoid the most dangerous climate changes.
- Scotland Food & Drink has launched its new toolkit, Greening Your Business. It gives businesses in the sector advice on how you can reduce your emissions whilst also saving money. You can read the toolkit, which was produced in collaboration with Zero Waste Scotland and Scottish Government, on the Scotland Food and Drink website.
- Resource Efficient Scotland Funding: New funding opportunities will be periodically announced by Resource Efficient Scotland for businesses looking to implement resource efficiency measures.
- Abertay Centre for the Environment: ACE Eco-partnerships can offer free comprehensive assistance to eligible small medium sized enterprises (SMEs) with less than 250 employees. Allows businesses direct access to the environmental and business expertise at Abertay University.