The Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (the Act) requires Scottish public authorities to produce and maintain a publication scheme. Authorities are under a legal obligation to:
- publish the classes of information that they make routinely available
- tell the public how to access the information and what it might cost.
Perth and Kinross Council has adopted the Model Publication Scheme (the MPS), which was approved by the Scottish Information Commissioner on 1 November 2018.
A guide to information has been developed which will:
- allow you to see what information is available (and what is not available) in relation to each class
- state what charges may be applied
- explain how you can find the information easily
- provide contact details for enquiries and to get help with accessing the information
- explain how to request information we hold that has not been published
The guide to information and list of classes of information published can be downloaded here: