Skills and employment initiatives
Creating opportunity for the people of Perth & Kinross
The Skills and Employment Initiatives Team offers an 'all purpose' employability service throughout Perth & Kinross to support business growth, people progressing and a wider skills agenda.
The team focus support in 2 specific fields:
- Supporting and advising job seeking clients with all aspects of employability and skills development
- Engaging with and supporting local businesses in recruiting and retaining staff to aid business growth
Assisting an individual on their journey towards meaningful and sustainable employment cannot be underestimated. Benefits include better health and wellbeing, improved economic activity, community inclusion and more. Please watch our video below for illustration of our teams' impact locally.
Current service offers
- Young Person's Guarantee - Key work support to individuals aged 16-24 to assist in their journey to finding employment as well as funding available for businesses to create new jobs for these clients.
- European Social Fund Employability Outreach Service - A holistic approach to helping clients with extensive barriers in support of them realising their potential and progression.
- This Outreach project is part of a wider ESF programme locally with various offerings.
- Rural Employment Incentive - Working in partnership with rural people and businesses in creating good quality, sustainable jobs to aid rural economic growth.
- Futures for Families - Assisting parents with dependent children to advance within the job market whether that be securing & sustaining or advancing within current role/organisation.
- Employment Connections Hub - Frontline employability service to all residents requiring support in CV building, interview skills/techniques training, assisted job search and more. View our The Hub YouTube video.
- Vacancy Management Service - Supporting businesses in finding suitable candidates, advertising and marketing their roles.
- Assistance for people who have recently become unemployed.
- Covid-19 Jobs Portal- for businesses looking to recruit urgently and people looking for new employment opportunities.
If you or someone you know would benefit from our support then please do not hesitate to get in touch on 01738 459609 or SkillsandEmployment@pkc.gov.uk. An advisor is on hand to help you start your journey.