Mobile navigation

Indoor sports entertainment licence

An indoor sports entertainment licence is needed for any sporting event in premises to which the public are invited as spectators. "Premises" includes permanent or temporary buildings, a tent or inflatable structures and a sports complex.

View the Information Note for Indoor Sports (PDF) [15KB]   for more information on whether you need a licence and exemptions.

If you are a current licence holder and wish to vary your licence, please view the Guidance note for a material change in circumstances (PDF) [3KB]  and complete the Material Change in Circumstances application form (PDF) [119KB] . The application fee is £70.

How much does a licence cost?

The application fee payable depends on the length of licence that you want.  A one year licence is £190 and a three year licence is £270.

The fees change every year so check with the licensing office before you send payment.

How do I apply?

Apply online

Alternatively, you can download the relevant application form and return to Perth & Kinross Council, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth  PH1 5GD along with your payment.

Individual person, company or voluntary organisation

You will also need a Indoor Sports Entertainment - Site Notice (PDF) [59KB] and  Indoor Sports Entertainment - Compliance Notice (PDF) [8KB] .

What happens if the Council fails to make a decision on my application within 9 months?

The licence will be granted or renewed.

Last modified on 30 November 2022

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon