Practitioners guide and toolkit - information sharing, confidentiality and consent
There will be occasions where you will have to share and exchange information with other practitioners working between and across a wide range of other services and/or agencies. This could include services and/or agencies in the public, private third/voluntary sectors - including adult services.
Perth and Kinross Child Protection Committee (CPC) has produced this Toolkit for all practitioners and managers working within children and young people and their families within the public, private and third sectors across Perth and Kinross. The Toolkit provides information, advice and guidance on Information Sharing, Confidentiality and Consent. It also provides Practitioner Checklists, Flowcharts, Electronic Links and Downloads which Practitioners will find helpful.
Remember, nothing whatsoever, in Scottish, UK and/or European Law and/or in the Scottish child protection legislative, policy and/or practice environments prevents you from sharing information where you are worried or concerned about a child or young person's wellbeing. On the contrary, you are, within certain limitations and constraints, empowered to do so.
Practitioner's toolkit resources
- Perth and Kinross Code of Practice: Information Sharing, Confidentiality and Consent (Refreshed and Published 30 September 2020) [361Kb]
- Information Sharing in Child Protection - General Principles [21Kb]
- This document provides practitioners with a reminder of the high level general principles of information sharing in relation to child protection as specified in the National Guidance for Child Protection in Scotland 2014 [4Mb].
- Information Sharing in Child Protection - Policy Principles [17Kb]
- This document provides practitioners with a reminder of the key policy principles of information sharing in relation to child protection as specified in the Children's Charter and Framework for Standards.
- ICO Guide to Data Protection [3Mb] - This guide covers the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and helps you understand which parts apply to you and your practice.
- ICO Guide to GDPR [3Mb] - This guide explains and covers the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as it applies in the UK. It explains each of the data protection principles, rights and obligations. It summarises the key points you need to know, answers frequently asked questions, and contains practical checklists to help you comply.
- ICO Data Sharing Code of Practice [1Mb] - This ICO document is a practical guide on how to share personal data in compliance with data protection law. It aims to give you confidence to share data fairly and proportionately.