Tayside plan for children, young people and families
The Tayside Plan for Children, Young People and Families 2017 - 2020 [11Mb] (also available in poster [2Mb] format) is the first joint plan to be produced by the three Community Planning areas of Angus, Dundee and Perth and Kinross. It reflects shared leadership towards multi-agency cross-border collaboration in the planning, management, commissioning, delivery, evaluation and improvement of services to children, young people and families. It also reflects a shared and longstanding commitment to implementing Getting It Right for Every Child (GIRFEC).
The plan has been developed by the three Councils, NHS Tayside, Police Scotland, Health and Social Care Partnerships, the third sector and other organisations. It supercedes the Integrated Children's Services Plan.
The plan, in line with GIRFEC, will ensure that all partners will:
- Reduce inequalities and disadvantage
- Protect the most vulnerable from harm
- Take the right action to prevent needs arising in the first place
- Provide the right support to meet needs at the earliest appropriate time
- Deliver individualised, proportionate and whole family based support
- Provide services which are experienced as integrated and consistent
- Involve children, young people and parents in the design of services
- Develop holistic services for children, parents and communities
- Improve outcomes