Mobile navigation

Equality and diversity - further advice and support

If you are seeking advice or support about employment opportunities, our Employment Support Team service is set up in order to advise and help those who have an acquired brain injury, learning disabilities, mental health issues or autistic spectrum diagnosis, and their families and carers, or are in receipt of services from the Drug & Alcohol Team.  The Council is also an accredited employer for a number of different employee support initiatives.

Equality Advisory Support Service

The Equality Advisory Support Service (EASS) is a free helpline for individuals who believe they have experienced discrimination. Using the Equality Act 2010, EASS advisers can talk to you about your rights in work issues, accessing or using services, education settings like school or university or discrimination issues with a landlord. The EASS will suggest the most effective way for you to raise a complaint of discrimination and in some cases, can provide further support to help you reach an informal resolution to your complaint.

Hate Crime Reporting

Hate Crime is against the law. It is any criminal offence committed against an individual or property. Hate Crime is any criminal offence committed against an individual or property that is motivated by a person's hatred of someone because of his or her actual or perceived race, religion, transgender identity, sexual orientation or disability.

Hate crime is wrong, it is against the law, and everyone has the right to live safely and without fear in Perth & Kinross.

You can report a Hate Crime in any of the following ways:

In some cases victims / witnesses of Hate Crime do not feel comfortable reporting the matter directly to the Police and may be more comfortable reporting it to someone they are familiar with.

To ensure all victims / witnesses are able to report Hate Crimes, Police Scotland works in partnership with a wide variety of partners who perform the role of 3rd Party Reporting Centers. Staff within 3rd Party Reporting Centers have been trained to assist a victim or witness in submitting a report to the police and can make such a report on the victim/witnesses behalf.

How to report in Perth and Kinross

Victim Support (Perth)

AddressUnit B1, Highland House, St Catherines Road, Perth PH1 5YA
Contact number01738 567171
WebsiteVictim Support Scotland

LGBT Youth Scotland

Address68 - 86 Scott Street, Perth, PH2 8JW
Contact number01738 474580
WebsiteLGBT Youth Scotland

Perth College UHI

AddressCrieff Road, Perth
Contact number01738 877377
WebsitePerth College UHI

Centre for Inclusive Living

Address90 Tay Street, Perth PH2 8NP
Contact number01738 500001
WebsiteCentre for Inclusive Living

PKAVS Minority Communities

AddressThe Gateway, North Methven Street, Perth PH1 5PP
Contact number01738 567076
Last modified on 01 September 2023

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon