Application for cremations
The Scottish Government will be introducing 7 new cremation application forms on Thursday 4th April 2019 and each one relates to a specific type of remains.
All applications except for A4 & A7 must be accompanied with the supplementary form [131Kb] in order to authorise and carry out any cremation.
- A1 - Application for cremation of an adult or a child [369Kb] - Please refer to the guidance notes [225Kb] when completing the application for cremation of an adult or a child
- A2 - Application for cremation of a stillborn baby [348Kb]
- A3 - Application for cremation following a pregnancy loss [364Kb]
- A4 - Application for cremation of pregnancy loss by a health authority or body [304Kb]
- A5 - Application for cremation of an adult or a child (by a local authority) [341Kb]
- A6 - Application for cremation of body parts following a hospital arranged post mortem examination or whole body/body parts donated for anatomical examination [327Kb]
- A7 - Application for cremation of body parts donated in Scotland for anatomical examination or teaching before the commencement of the Anatomy Act 1984 (as amended by the Human Tissue (Scotland) Act 2006 (14 February 1988)) [322Kb]
All relevant forms must be completed and sent to the Crematorium, using the contact details below, by 10am the day before the Cremation service.
Perth Crematorium - Live streaming services
Perth Crematorium is offering a new system for funeral services to be lived streamed via a webcam. This will allow for social distancing guidelines to be adhered to, as well as allowing family and friends unable to travel from further afield to watch their service.
Nothing can truly replace the comfort that comes from physical contact with those who share and understand their loss, but we hope this service will allow families and relatives to say goodbye to their loved ones at this difficult time.
Our live streaming is free at this time. If you would like to use it, please speak with your funeral director in the first instance or staff at the Crematorium.
Please download and complete the form below (available in PDF and Word format) and return to email@example.com. The Crematorium will then forward a link and a passcode to the applicant which they can then forward to their friends and family.
- Perth Crematorium - Live streaming application (PDF) [109Kb]
- Perth Crematorium - Live streaming application (Word) [53Kb]
A briefing note [88Kb] has also been created for Funeral Directors.