Free school meals - nursery
If your child is in Nursery and aged 2 - 5
If your child is in Nursery and aged 2-5 and you receive any of the following:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income based Job Seeker's Allowance (IBJSA)
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (CTC), but not Working Tax Credit, and your income is less than £16,105.
- Child Tax Credit (CTC) and Working Tax Credit (WTC) and your income is less than £6,420
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit where the monthly earned income does not exceed £610
- State Pension Credit
- Incapacity and Severe Disablement Allowance
Looked after and accommodated children are also eligible.
How do I apply for free school meals?
Alternatively, application forms are available from any Perth & Kinross Council school or from Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth.
Supporting evidence from Jobcentre Plus must be dated within 6 weeks of the date of your claim and Tax Credit Award Notices (TC602) must relate to financial year 2020/2021.
A photograph of your evidence taken from your smart phone is acceptable.
If you submit an application form for the start of session 2020/2021 and have not received a response by Tuesday 4 August 2020, please contact this office.
Free school meal claims will not be backdated and entitlement will start from the date applications are processed by Education & Children's Services.