Find out changes to our services and advice in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)

School enrolment

How do I enrol my child for primary school?

If you have recently moved to Perth and Kinross and need to enrol your child at their catchment primary or secondary school, complete the online form for academic year 2021/2022.

Apply online for academic year 2021/2022

Please note, you will need to provide:

  1. your child's birth certificate
  2. your current Council Tax notice and
  3. a recent utility bill
  4. If you are enrolling at a denominational school and your child has been baptised you must also provide their baptismal certificate

If you require more information, contact your local catchment area school in order to discuss enrolment.

What if I want to send my child to a school outside my local catchment area?

Although it is usual for children to attend their local catchment area school, you have the right to make a placing request asking that your child be granted a place in a school other than your local catchment area school.

What to do if your child's home address changes

You should notify your child's current school of any change of address in order for their pupil record and emergency contact details to be updated:

  • If you have moved to an address outwith the catchment area of the school your child attends and you wish to for your child to transfer to the local catchment school, you should contact the  local catchment school directly for further information.
  • If you have moved to an address outwith the catchment area of the school your child attends and you wish for them to continue at that school, you must submit a placing requestPlease note there is no entitlement to school transport where a child lives outwith the catchment area of the school they attend and parents must accept responsibility for the arrangements and cost of getting their child to and from school.

Where can I enrol my child for Gaelic Medium Education?

Gaelic Medium Education is an option within Scottish schools that gives children and young people the opportunity to become proficient in Gaelic as well as English. GME is a free bilingual education option available within Perth & Kinross at the following schools:


  • Breadalbane Academy (Aberfeldy)
  • Goodlyburn Primary School (Perth)


  • Breadalbane Academy (Aberfeldy)
  • Perth Academy (Perth)

Basic information on the provision of school education in Perth and Kinross, including the Authority's placing arrangements, can also be obtained from any Perth & Kinross Council school, or from the address detailed below. School handbooks can be viewed on the individual school webpages or by contacting the school directly.  

Contact details

Schools Division

2 High Street, Perth, PH1 5PH
Tel 01738 476200