Find members of the Threipland family, their relatives, friends and associates. Look for tenants and workers on the estates in Perthshire and Caithness, as well as local tradesmen.
The database helps you pinpoint a document in which the person appears. It's likely that someone will appear in more than one document, although the database record will usually only list one reference number. However, you can visit the Archive and use the reference number to point you to the appropriate section of the collection's catalogue, a copy of which is held in the search room. It's likely that other relevant documents will be listed alongside. Then you can consult all the documents you need.
You can simply browse the database by using the numbered page buttons below, or you can search by name and/or date:
- if the name is in the database a summary list of records will appear;
- use the date information to help narrow down your search; if you're not sure of a date try something like 16*;
- choose a record from the list by clicking the blue record number.
The record may show relationships, the person's role or occupation as quoted from the document, as well as the reference number of the document in which they appear.
From the record:
- to return to your hit list, click back to summary page;
- to make a fresh search from the hit list, click the reset button.
Threiplands' People database is an ongoing project, so if you don't find the person you're looking for today, try again in a few months.
|4||David Robertson||1859||Royal Hotel, Aberdeen|
|5||John Allen||30 Mar 1784||Devonport|
|7||J MacMillan||1847||Dunkeld and Strathtay|
|9||Thomas Stirling||1815||Fingask Castle|
|11||Patrick Ogilvy||1639||Inchmartin [Inchmartine]|