Find out changes to our services and advice in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Hire of school facilities

Facilities available

A wide range of facilities are available in Perth & Kinross icon Primary and Secondary Schools [124Kb].  Accommodation varies but typically includes assembly halls, sports halls, gymnasiums, theatre and astro turf pitches. Facilities are available for single use, block-bookings and one-off events subject to availability and terms and conditions.

Please note that these are the only suitable venues for indoor football:

  • Perth Academy Games Hall
  • Perth Grammar Games Hall
  • Perth High Games Hall
  • Bertha Park High Games Hall
  • Pitlochry High Games Hall

Indoor football should be limited to training and players should use indoor footballs only.

The Community School of Auchterarder

The Community School of Auchterarder Sports Hall and Astro Pitch are currently managed by the Auchterarder Community Sports and Recreation group. Contact them directly to book on or 07908 882290.


View the icon School Lets and Astro Pitch Charges [255Kb].

How to book

You can now book online for academic session 2019/20. To assist the new bookings process, you will need to register your group/organisation on MyPKC (please refer to FAQs below for further information). This will save you time later when you want to confirm bookings. It will also allow us to verify applicable terms and conditions associated with your Let requests. Bookings can be made online or contact for more information on how to book. Please note that all bookings require at least seven days' notice.

Change to School hire FAQs

1. I already have a MyPKC account through my personal email address. Do I need to register a new account for my club/organisation?

You are able to make bookings with your current personal account however, you may find it better to set up a new account for your club/organisation. This is especially helpful if you were to leave the role of booking coordinator and needed to pass this responsibility to a different person.

2. How do I register my club/organisation up for its own MyPKC account?

To set up an account for your club/organisation, you would complete the personal details section as your own, except use an email address linked to your group. The address can either be your personal address or the official address associated with your club/organisation. Names and addresses can be changed at a later date if necessary.

If you would like to discuss a booking, please contact us Monday to Friday between 8.45am - 5.00pm by emailing

NB: Please do not advertise any event until the booking has been confirmed.      

How to pay

From July 2019, all let bookings will require payment in advance either at the time of booking or to secure confirmation of your booking (this will vary according to the booking type). Credit and debit card payments will be accepted. Any applicable refunds will be paid back to the payment card user.

Opening hours/Holidays & INSET days/School closures

  • Normal operating hours are Monday to Friday between 6.00 pm and 10.00 pm and between 8 am and 5 pm at weekends (school term-time) subject to restrictions.
  • Please refer to our School term and holiday dates  for details of school closures. School Lets run as normal on INSET days.
  • Adverse weather conditions and other unexpected circumstances may sometimes lead to schools and other Education establishments being closed for safety reasons. In the event of severe weather, you can find out whether your let will be affected by visiting the School closures page.


Please provide a minimum of 7 days notice directly to the Room Bookings team to qualify for a refund. Cancellations received at short notice will be charged in full except under exceptional circumstances, ie adverse weather conditions.

Issues / complaints / compliments

If you have any issues, concerns or compliments please email us at in the first instance.