Mobile navigation

Supported Lodgings and Host Families

Would you be willing to offer space in your home and life to provide a stepping stone to a young person aged 16 and over? Could you offer a young person a safe and supportive environment where they can begin to prepare for adult life?

We are seeking Supported Lodgings Carers for young people moving on from foster care and Host Families for our children alone seeking asylum (CASA).  The progression to adult life can often be tricky for young people leaving care and our CASA young people, where they would benefit from the support you could offer.

Supported Lodgings/Host Family providers do not have parental responsibility for their lodger, but are there to offer guidance, alongside the Throughcare and Aftercare Team, to help the young person to develop some of the more practical skills for example, cooking, budgeting or managing appointments; you would also offer support with their emotional and physical wellbeing, for example, building relationships and supporting them to access health, work, education and training opportunities and help them to integrate and lead a full life in the UK.

We will provide you with training, a support worker to assist and support you throughout the placement, and a weekly fee to enable you to provide the accommodation and support which will help the young person to reach their potential.

If you have a spare room, enjoy the company of young adults, can understand and relate to their needs, and would like to help them gain the skills they need to be responsible for themselves in adult life, then you could become a Supported Lodgings/Host Family provider with Perth & Kinross Council.

You can find out more by calling 01738 474580 or emailing

Last modified on 23 August 2023

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon