Physical activity and sport play an important role in creating places where people can live healthy, fulfilling, and productive lives.
The sets out how physical activity and sport will contribute to our Corporate Priority of supporting and promoting physical and mental wellbeing.
Our vision for the future of physical activity and sport in Perth and Kinross is:
We will support everyone's physical and mental wellbeing through physical activity and sport.
Our strategic priorities
- We will improve everyone's health in Perth and Kinross through increased participation in physical activity.
- We will increase the levels of activity for children and young people, particularly those who currently don't meet the recommended levels of participation.
- We will reduce the inequalities and barriers which stop people participating in physical activity and sport.
- We will reduce carbon emissions generated from facilities and make physical activity part of our Climate Change response.
- We will support our community-led clubs and networks to flourish and strengthen collaboration between all partners in physical activity and sport.
- We will make physical activity and sport part of Placemaking, so our public spaces are activity-friendly, inclusive and fun.