Mobile navigation

Useful emergency numbers

Police, Fire and Rescue Service,  Ambulance and Coastguard emergencies

  • 999


If you smell gas or are worried about gas safety you can call the National Gas Emergency Number on 0800 111 999.


If you are experiencing an unexpected loss of supply or foul water emergency, contact Scottish Water:


Floodline, Scottish Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA)

Floodline is a 24-hour telephone information service operated by SEPA. It relays recorded messages providing up to date information about flood alerts that are in force in Scotland.  Trained operators are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and provide practical advice on flood risk and what to do before, during and after a flood.

Perth & Kinross Council: Environment Service (emergency 24 hours)

Perth & Kinross Council will try and assist as much as is practicable during flood events.  This may include the provision of sandbags to properties in imminent danger of being flooded.  The supply of sandbags is prioritised by Council staff as sandbag stocks are limited.

For more information to see further information about the Council's duties and responsibilities during flood events.

  • Tel: 01738 476476

Scottish Water

The Council does not have responsibility for flooding from sewers. This is the duty of Scottish Water and they should be contacted on the number below if sewer water is flooding your property.

It is strongly advised that you contact the emergency services on 999 if you feel your life may be at risk from flooding. 

Perth & Kinross Council Services

The Customer Service Centre is open Monday to Friday from 8.45 am to 5.00 pm.

  • Telephone: 01738 475000
  • Council Text Phone Number: 07824498145

Out of hours emergency numbers

  • Adult care services 0345 301 11 20
  • Anti-social behaviour helpline (voicemail)  01738 476173*
  • Child protection 01738 476768
  • Council housing emergency repairs 01738 476000
  • Dangerous buildings 01738 476476**
  • Environmental health 01738 476476**
  • Flooding  01738 476476**
  • Homelessness 0800 917 0708
  • Mental health services 0345 301 11 20
  • Roads  01738 476476**

*  Please telephone and leave a voicemail - a response will be provided as soon as possible.
** Please note that during busy periods, you may experience delays in getting through.

Local radio frequencies

  • Radio Tay: AM - 1584, FM 96.4 (Perth)
  • Radio Scotland: FM - 92.4 - 94.7, MW 810
  • Radio Heartland FM: 97.5 FM in Highland Perthshire
Last modified on 15 December 2023

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon