What you need to know
Latest updates on public health
The latest updates on public health advice for coronavirus can be found on the NHSInform website and a free helpline has been set up for those who do not have symptoms but are looking for general health advice: 0800 028 2816.
Wearing of face coverings
Current measures to prevent the spread of Coronavirus mean that most people must wear a face mask or covering when in retail premises or on public transport.
However, those with certain health conditions or hidden disabilities (as well as children under 5) are exempt from this.
People may have an acceptable reason not to wear a face covering if:
- They have a health condition where a face covering would be inappropriate because it would cause pain, severe distress or anxiety
- They cannot apply a covering and wear it in the proper manner safely and consistently
- They need to take medication
- They need to communicate with another who relies on lip reading
- They need to eat or drink
- They are a child under the age of five
More information about exemptions is available from the Scottish Government website, where you can also download an Exemption from Face Covering Badge for your mobile phone or to print out.
Council services and advice
View updates and services affected by Coronavirus (COVID-19) below: