The scheme offers several benefits to choosing a member:
- Each member has pledged to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and to operate a customer complaints procedure, dealing with complaints promptly, fairly and in a courteous manner.
- Complaints which cannot be resolved easily can be passed to the Better Business Partnership independent panel for review and mediation where practicable.
- Members who continue to breach the rules of the scheme regarding fair trading will be expelled from the Partnership.
- Members will have disclosed full address details to Trading Standards - these will be released in the event of a civil dispute, allowing a civil action to be raised without the worry of identifying the trader - a common problem with 'bogus traders'
- Members must, where appropriate i) provide details of any call out charges, ii) provide written quotations & schedules of work and iii) provide signed, itemised invoices.
Perth and Kinross Council, Police Scotland and the Better Business Partnership accepts no liability for any loss or damage which is claimed to have arisen out of any business registered on the scheme.