Apprentice or youth trainee
If a member of your household is an apprentice or youth trainee, you may be able to get discount on your council tax bill.
You may be eligible for 50% discount on your Council Tax bill, if you live alone, or 25% discount if you live with one other adult. If there are other adults residing at the property, you may still be entitled to a discount depending on their circumstances. Please contact Local Taxes on 01738 477430 for more information.
This discount reduces your Council Tax, water and sewerage charges.
To qualify as an apprentice you must be:
- employed to learn a trade, business, profession, office role or vocation
- undertaking a course of training leading to an accredited qualification
- paid no more than £195.00 per week (gross)
To qualify as a youth trainee you must be:
- under 25 years of age
- undertaking a relevant course under an individual training plan
How to apply
- By completing and returning the personal discount application [831Kb] form
- In person at Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD
- By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You must also supply your two latest payslips as proof of your apprenticeship earnings.