Apprentice or youth trainee
If a member of your household is an apprentice or youth trainee, you may be able to get discount on your council tax bill.
You may be eligible for 50% discount on your Council Tax bill, if you live alone, or 25% discount if you live with one other adult. If there are other adults residing at the property, you may still be entitled to a discount depending on their circumstances. Please contact Local Taxes on 01738 477430 for more information.
This discount reduces your Council Tax, water and sewerage charges.
To qualify as an apprentice you must be:
- employed to learn a trade, business, profession, office role or vocation
- undertaking a course of training leading to an accredited qualification
- paid no more than £195.00 per week (gross)
To qualify as a youth trainee you must be:
- under 25 years of age
- undertaking a relevant course under an individual training plan
How to apply
In order to complete our online application, you will be required to supply:
- A valid email address
- For apprentices, a copy of your 2 most recent pay slips
- For youth trainees, documentary evidence confirming the details of the course being undertaken, including the course start and end dates
Alternatively, if you are unable to complete our online application, please download and complete the personal discount application [831Kb] and submit this along with the required evidence detailed above. This can be returned by post to Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD or by e-mail to email@example.com.