Low income households

You may be entitled to council tax reduction (formerly council tax benefit) if you are on a low income or receive certain benefits.

This reduction reduces the Council Tax element of your bill.  Depending on the level of your entitlement you may also qualify for a water and sewerage reduction.  This is calculated automatically so there is no need apply.

If you do not qualify for Council Tax Reduction but someone else in your household is on a low income, then you may be entitled to Second Adult Rebate of up to 25%.

For further advice on how to apply for Council Tax Reduction, please visit our Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction page.

Please note that you must pay in accordance with your Council Tax bill until any reduction is awarded.  Should you have difficulty paying your bill, please telephone 01738 477430 or visit Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD, to discuss this with a member of the Local Taxes team.

Other help available

For further advice about benefit entitlement or other help available, please contact the Welfare Rights Advice Line on 01738 476900 (option 1) or visit our Benefits and advice pages.

Contact details

Local Taxes

Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD
Tel 01738 477430