School / college leavers

If a member of your household has left school or college and is under 20 years of age, you may be eligible for a discount on your council tax.

If you live with one other adult who is a school/college leaver, a 25% discount will apply.  If there are other adults residing at the property, you may still be entitled to a discount depending on their circumstances.  Please contact Local Taxes on 01738 477430 for more information.


To qualify as a school leaver you must be:

  • less than 20 years old
  • have left school or college on or after 1 May in any year after undertaking a qualifying course of education
  • have the intention to continue in full-time education

How to apply

Contact details

Local Taxes

Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD
Tel 01738 477430