Occupation prohibited by law

Where the occupation of a property is prohibited by law, it may qualify for council tax exemption.

This exemption applies to Council Tax, water and sewerage charges.


To qualify for exemption the property must be:

  • subject to a Closing Order
  • subject to a Demolition Order
  • subject to a Compulsory Purchase Order

How to apply

You must provide written evidence, such as a copy of the legal order which shows occupation is prohibited.

Contact details

Local Taxes

Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD
Tel 01738 477430