Occupation prohibited by law
Where the occupation of a property is prohibited by law, it may qualify for council tax exemption.
This exemption applies to Council Tax, water and sewerage charges.
To qualify for exemption the property must be:
- subject to a Closing Order
- subject to a Demolition Order
- subject to a Compulsory Purchase Order
How to apply
- By telephoning Local Taxes on 01738 477430
- By completing and returning the unoccupied property exemption [278Kb] form
- In person at Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD
- By emailing email@example.com
You must provide written evidence, such as a copy of the legal order which shows occupation is prohibited.