Safer communities co-ordinator's and wardens
Safer Communities Co-Ordinator's
Summarized below are the types of issues the team can provide advice, support, guidance or take action, working in partnership with other PKC services such as Housing & Social Work and other agencies such as Police Scotland & Scottish Fire & Rescue Services.
By reporting these incidents this supports the team in identifying potential developing issues which can be resolved by early intervention / discussions.
- Investigation, management & resolution of Anti-Social Behaviour
- Noise Nuisance
- Drunken Behaviour
- Verbal Abuse
- Drug Dealing / Discarded Drug Paraphilia & Removal
- Youth gathering / behaviour
- Road Safety Issues
- Investigation, management & resolution of environmental issues / crime
- Fly Tipping
- Graffiti / Fly Posting
- Partnership working with other agencies on
- People Trafficking / Exploitation
- Racism / Homophobia
- Terrorism / Radicalisation / Extremism
- Supporting Vulnerable People
- Fire Risks
- Water Safety Issues
- Home Safety
- Analysis, Investigations and Information sharing in relation to dangerous people through Multi Agency Public Protection Arrangements (MAPPA), High Risk Adult Review Group (HRARG) and other multi agency groups and meetings.
Safer Communities Wardens
The team are based at Perth Community Fire Station in an innovative co-location and partnership arrangement. The Safer Communities Wardens work across Perth and Kinross and
- Carry out visible targeted intelligence led patrols.
- Provide a uniformed response to community and individual problems.
- Monitor and respond to the Safer Communities Team 24 hour reporting line.
- Carry out Joint Home Safety Visits with Fire Fighters,
- Co-ordinate Bikeability and other Road Safety Initiatives.
- Deliver Junior Warden Programme in Schools.
- Carry out joint operations with Police and Fire colleagues and other services in response to developing and seasonal demands such as youths causing annoyance, water safety, city centre issues, fireworks night, festive safety and Halloween.