- These wooded areas rise above Perth on its south western edge and are popular walking areas leading onto the golf course, community woodland and the wider countryside.
- There are signposted paths from Broxden, at the Park & Ride and from the Kirkton of Mailer road.
- The St Magdalene's Hill Steering Group have worked in partnership with the Council to improve the paths and woodlands, while the 10th Perthshire Scout group are always very active maintaining nearby Hilton Hill.
- Maps of adjacent path networks
Facilities and events
- The St Magdalene's Hill Mountain Board Course has three routes. The all-weather track has been described as "the best all-weather mountain board track in Europe," and consists of a surfaced, contoured track with banks and humps. To one side of this is a stunts track, with rails and table-top features, on the other side is a beginners track, which is a grassy slope and uses the existing natural, gentle contours of the hill.
- The nearest public toilets are in Perth.
- On foot: Access to St Magdalene's Hill is signposted past Friarton from the A912 Edinburgh Road.
- Public transport: Visit Traveline Scotland to plan your journey
- Car park: At the top of Glendevon Road
View our Perth and Carse area path closures page for information regarding path closures.
If you come across any problems on the paths, including signposts and path furniture such as stiles and gates, please report them to us by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01738 475000.