Report a housing repair

Details on how to report a housing repair to Perth & Kinross Council

From Monday 5th November 2018 we're introducing a six-week pilot scheme to encourage more tenants to use the online service MyPKC to report non-emergency housing repairs.

This will mean that on Monday each week we will only take phone calls for emergency repairs, such as blocked toilets where the premises contain only one toilet, blocked or leaking drains (not blocked sinks), serious storm, accident or floor damage to rooms, serious electrical faults, such as overheating of sockets or switches.

Tenants are being asked to report all non-emergency routine repairs using MyPKC each Monday. See details below on how to use the service.

However, if you're elderly, vulnerable or don't have access to online facilities, please don't worry. We will still take your call on a Monday.

For every other day of the week our normal telephone reporting service will be in place. We'll review this pilot scheme in December 2018 and consult tenants to see how well they think it has worked.

Increasing online reporting will help us to make sure the Housing Services we provide for you are as efficient as possible.

Every tenant who reports a repair online during the pilot period will be entered into a prize draw to win a hamper!

Than you for your co-operation.

Reporting non-emergency repairs online

If you are a Council tenant and something is broken or not working properly in your home you can report a repair online. The MyPKC reporting service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Reporting repairs online is quick, easy and MyPKC is available 24/7 so you can report your repair when it's convenient for you. Save time - do it online! 

Report a housing repair online

Here, our tenant Megane Kilpatrick explains how quick and simple MyPKC was to use when she reported a repair: 

Please be aware that many minor maintenance jobs and repairs are the responsibility of tenants. We have provided a number of video tutorials to help tenants with the most common minor maintenance jobs we are contacted about.

To report an emergency housing repair

Emergency work includes:

  • blocked toilets where the premises contain only one toilet
  • blocked or leaking drains (not blocked sinks)
  • serious storm, accident or floor damage to rooms
  • dangerous structures
  • serious electrical faults, such as overheating of sockets or switches
  • regaining entry where a tenant is accidentally locked out (there is likely to be a charge for this).

Emergencies will be attended to and made safe within 24 hours of being reported and, where possible, we will carry out the full repair.

If you our require an emergency repair call 01738 476000 and select Option 4. Your call will be picked up by the emergency repairs service, select option 1 for Gas Central Heating emergencies and option 2 for other emergency repairs.

Repair criteria and timescales

Urgent repairs

These are repairs that are not emergencies, but need to be carried out quickly to prevent more damage to your home. These repairs will be carried out within 5 working days of being reported. Some examples are:

  • minor leaks and overflow
  • damaged flooring and tiles
  • minor faults to showers where other washing facilities are available

Everyday repairs

These are everyday repairs that are needed as a result of normal wear and tear of the property.  These repairs will be carried out through a mutually agreed appointment. Some examples are:

  • faulty radiators
  • faulty electrical switch or light pendant

Before contacting us, view our icon repairs policy [3Mb] which may be able to answer your query and also includes timescales for completion of work in full working days. 

Repair charges

The Housing Repairs Service will carry out most repairs to your home.  However, there are some repairs that you will have to pay for yourself, our icon responsibility for repairs [120Kb] list will explain who is responsible for each item.  icon Rechargeable repairs [989Kb] will only be carried out where you have agreed to meet the costs, which will include an administrative charge and VAT.  View our icon Rechargeable Repairs Policy and Procedure [299Kb].

Complaints about repairs

If at any time you are not satisfied with our service please let us know by contacting The Repairs Centre, your complaint will then be considered in line with the Council's complaints procedure. If you remain dissatisfied after having had your complaint considered under the Complaints Procedure you can take the matter to the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman.

Term Maintenance Contractors

A icon list of the term maintenance contractors [180Kb] is available to view in greater detail.

Customer Approved Logo

Contact details

Housing Repairs

Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD
Tel 01738 476000