Find out changes to our services and advice in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Changing your tenancy

You can change your tenancy by transferring the tenancy to another name, or by moving to another property.

Changes of Tenancy

This could be because you want to change the status of a tenancy from:

If you want to change your tenancy, complete the relevant form above or contact your local Area Housing Team .


Existing tenants who wish to apply to move to another Council property can do so by applying for Council Housing.

You may be looking for a move because the property you are in is no longer suitable for the size and needs of your household, or because you wish to move to another area of Perth and Kinross to meet work or family commitments. If you wish to downsize from a larger family house to a smaller one the Tenants' Incentive Scheme may apply. More information on the icon Tenants Incentive Scheme [182Kb] is available. 

What happens next?

Once you have submitted your form to the Common Housing Register, your application will be assessed and considered under the priority bandings of the Common allocations policy.

We may withhold an offer of housing if you are in serious breach of your Tenancy Agreement. For example, if:

  • you have current or former rent arrears;
  • your house or garden is in a poor condition;
  • you have been the subject of a neighbour complaint;
  • you have been convicted of a serious crime, such as being involved in supplying illegal drugs.