Mobile navigation

Your Council tenancy

All Information about your tenancy

The latest Perth & Kinross Council Housing tenants news is available on Facebook and Twitter.

Your tenancy

Your rights and responsibilities as a Perth & Kinross Council tenant

Permission as a council tenant

Information on which activities you require Permission for as a Perth & Kinross Council tenant.

Garden Maintenance

Information on the Garden Maintenance Scheme

Insuring your household items

Your landlord is responsible for insuring the building you live in but not your contents. You, as the tenant are responsible for insuring your belongings against theft, fire flood and other potential damage.

Fire safety in blocks of flats

As a landlord, Perth & Kinross Council has a legal duty to ensure that communal areas within blocks of flats are kept free from stored combustible items to reduce the risk of fire and to prevent obstruction the escape routes during emergency situations.

Window safety in your home

If left open, windows can be dangerous to unsupervised small children or vulnerable adults, especially if your home is at height.

Mutual house exchanges

We have now restarted mutual housing exchanges for tenants, following their suspension during the pandemic and periods of lockdown.

Neighbour or anti-social behaviour complaints

If you have a complaint about a neighbour or other person because of noise or anti-social behaviour it should be reported to your Locality Housing Team.

Guide to your new-build Council home

Perth & Kinross Council's newly built homes have a range of technology installed to make your tenancy as comfortable as possible.

Garage sites and lock-ups

Do you need a safe place to leave your car overnight, or somewhere secure to store household items? If so, why not think about renting a lock up from the Council?

Wood burners, stoves, and open fires - guidance for Council tenants

The Scottish Government Climate Change Act 2019 and Climate Change Plan set out various actions to help tackle climate change. Local authorities have been given strict deadlines to meet in relation to improving the energy efficiency of their housing stock, which in turn reduces carbon emissions and energy consumption.

Protecting your home from winter weather

Periods of cold winter weather place pressure on the Council's Housing Repairs and Improvements Service. By following some simple tips you can help make sure that avoidable repairs are minimised and staff are available to respond to emergency repairs.

Floating housing support

Floating housing support services are available to support vulnerable people who are experiencing difficulties sustaining their tenancy or their own accommodation across Perth and Kinross.

Be on guard for bogus callers at your door

Bogus callers try to get into your home or obtain personal details by pretending to be someone they're not, including council staff, charity collectors, meter readers and police officers. In reality, they are criminals trying to steal money and valuables.

Right to Buy

Details pertaining whether tenants may have the right to purchase the home they currently rent from the Council.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon