Mobile navigation

Floating housing support

Floating housing support services are available to support vulnerable people who are experiencing difficulties sustaining their tenancy or their own accommodation across Perth and Kinross.

Floating housing support can be requested for any individual resident who has their own accommodation, own tenancy or has had a tenancy identified anywhere in Perth and Kinross.

People who may benefit from floating housing support include:

  • People with mental health issues
  • People fleeing domestic abuse
  • People new to their own tenancy
  • People with substance use issues
  • People with a history of offending behaviour or anti-social behaviour
  • People who have worked for a short time with PKC Housing support officers but require additional support to build their confidence and skills or knowledge of their local resources.

The floating housing support service is set up to be short-term, flexible and responsive to people's individual needs. Service Providers, who are commissioned to work on behalf of the council, will undertake an assessment with the individual requiring support: then agree a range of outcomes that are identified as a priority to the individual. The Service will support people to achieve outcomes in a number of areas such as:

  • Improving physical and mental health
  • Social and financial wellbeing
  • Employment and meaningful activity
  • Personal safety and security

Referrals can be made by a range of agencies including housing, health, social care or third-sector support organisations.

If you would like to speak to someone about floating housing support please call 0345 30 111 20.

Last modified on 17 March 2023

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon