Mobile navigation

Alcohol licence application forms and guidance notes

Renewal of Personal Licence

If you are the holder of a personal licence issued by Perth & Kinross Licensing Board you should apply to this Board to renew the licence. If you live in Perth & Kinross but your licence was issued by another Licensing Board you must make a renewal application to the Board which issued your licence.

When do I need to apply to renew my personal licence?

You should apply to renew your personal licence every ten years, and lodge the renewal application no later than 3 months before expiry date of the licence

It is recommended that applications are made at least two weeks before the deadline day in case they are incomplete.

What will happen if I do not apply to renew my personal licence on time?

If a competent application to renew your personal licence is not received by the Board 3 months before your licence is due to expire your licence will lapse on the expiry date stated on the licence. The legislation does not allow a Licensing Board to accept an application after that date.

If you are a premises manager named on a premises licence or require your licence for your job this may affect your employment and alcohol sales at your place of work as you would not be able to

  • be named as premises manager
  • train staff
  • authorise alcohol sales
  • apply for occasional licences

How do I apply?

Apply online for occasional and personal licences

Alternatively, you can download the relevant application forms and documents below and return to Perth & Kinross Council, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD along with your payment.

Personal licence

Download forms and guidance notes

Premises licence

Download forms and guidance notes

Premises licence - transfer and variations

Download form

Extended hours

Download form

Occasional licence

Download form and guidance notes


Last modified on 12 June 2023

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon