What to do about Child Sexual Exploitation
If you are worried or concerned that a child or young person may be at risk or Child Sexual Exploitation you should ask yourself the following questions.
- What have I seen?
- What have I heard?
- What do I feel is unusual or different?
- What has actually happened?
- What is my concern?
- What is this telling me?
- What should I do now?
- Keep your focus on the child or young person - their safety is paramount!
- Doing nothing is not an option!
- Do not assume someone else will do something!
- Do not delay unnecessarily - act quickly!
- Look, Listen and Record your Concern!
- Look further and see beyond.
- If you are a practitioner - Follow your agency child protection procedures
- If you are a practitioner - Tell your Line Manager or Child Protection Officer immediately!
- If you are a member of the public:
- Contact the Child Protection Duty Team (24 hours) on 01738 476768
- In an Emergency - Dial 999
- Police (Non Emergency) - Dial 101
- ChildLine - Dial 0800 1111
- Crimestoppers - Dial 0808 555 111