Use Perth and Kinross Grants Direct for information, advice and support to find and apply for funding.
Perth and Kinross Grants Direct
Perth and Kinross Grants Direct is the local one-stop-shop providing information, advice and support to find and apply for funding. You can phone us on 0345 605 2000 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the PKC funding streams [94Kb].
Read our monthly funding alert [1Mb] to hear more about external funding opportunities.
Eastern Perthshire Grants
The Eastern Perthshire Action Partnership (EPAP) is launching a range of small grants which address issues in the local community including poverty, health and social isolation. EPAP covers the three multi members wards of Carse of Gowrie (Ward 1), Strathmore (Ward 2) and Blairgowrie & The Glens (Ward 3). For more information, visit the Eastern Perthshire Small Grants page
Council's funding schemes
Common Good Funds
Aberfeldy, Abernethy, Auchterarder, Alyth, Blairgowrie, Crieff, Kinross, Perth City and Pitlochry all have Common Good Funds. All with the exception of Kinross to provide community benefit for the people (including individual or group of people) who live in the former burgh served by relevant Common Good Fund Committee. Kinross Common Good Fund to provide funding of any activity which is beneficial to the interests of the inhabitants of Kinross. Perth Common Good Fund has specific criteria [278Kb].
Currently: Perth City, Auchterarder, Crieff, Aberfeldy and Kinross Common Good Funds are accepting applications for 2020/21. If you are interested in applying to other Common Good funds please get in touch for advice.
Please note the following funding deadlines and dates of Common Good Fund Committee meetings where applications will be considered:
|Deadlines for applications||Common Good Fund Committee meetings dates|
|3 January 2020||26 February 2020|
|6 March 2020 (best for Summer activities)||22 April 2020|
|1 May 2020||17 June 2020|
|7 August 2020 (best for Christmas activities)||30 September 2020|
|29 October 2020||16 December 2020|
How to apply
- Community environment challenge fund: grants to community groups for environmental projects
- Perth & Kinross Sport Council: grants to individuals and sport clubs
- Auchterarder Community Facilities Fund [54Kb]: grants to voluntary/community organisations for projects which improve the amenity of the public realm or facilities within the settlement boundary of Auchterarder
Charitable and Public Trusts administered by Perth & Kinross Council
Other local funders
- The Gannochy Trust
- The Robertson Trust
- The Forteviot Trust
- The Arthur and Margaret Thompson Trust (Kinross-shire)
- SSE Griffin Wind Farm Fund (Community Council's areas of Aberfeldy, Dull and Weem, Dunkeld and Birnam, Kenmore and District and Mid Atholl and Strathtay and Grandtully)
- SSE Drumderg Wind Farm Fund (Mount Blair most of Strathardle and Glenshee and Alyth)
- RWE Innogy Lochelbank Fund (Community Council's areas of Glenfarg and Earn)
- Blackford Community Fund
- EDF Burnfoot Hill Community Fund (Blackford and Glendevon)
Other national funders
If you need support to develop your organisation's capacity or need help on wider organisational issues, you can contact:
SCVO has launched a 'Funding Scotland', an online funding database and valuable resource for charities, community groups, social enterprises and voluntary organisations of all shapes and sizes. Visit Funding Scotland.
If you are looking for personal or family financial support, the Council has a dedicated Welfare Rights Team that can provide free, confidential and impartial benefits advice and representation at benefit appeals tribunals. You can contact the team on 01738 476900 (option 1) or by emailing WelfareRights@pkc.gov.uk.