Recycling Centre Permits
A Recycling Centre Permit is required for any commercial type vehicles that uses Recycling Centres or the Friarton Weighbridge
Re-Opening of Friarton Weighbridge and the Recycling Centres after lockdown
- Commercial customers [1Mb] can use the Friarton Weighbridge (paying by card only), but they must display their Permit on their vehicle's front windscreen via an A4 sized print out or electronically on a tablet.
- Permits should be displayed on your vehicle's front windscreen via an A4 sized print out or electronically on a tablet for inspection by the Site Attendants.
- Pre-paid vouchers will be deposited in a bag while the Site Attendant socially distances.
- Commercial Permit holders can also dispose of chargeable waste and recycling via Friarton Weighbridge.
Apply for a Recycling Permit
You must apply for a permit if you are:
- a business or landlord who currently, or intend to,:
- recycle materials at a Recycling Centre
- dispose of / recycle other chargeable materials at Recycling Centres or Friarton Weighbridge
- a householder using a commercial type vehicle (vans, trailers 6ft long or over and horse boxes) to access Recycling Centre
You can find out more about the types of permits available to access our Recycling Centres:
The application process can take up to 21 days. You will not be able to access any Recycling Centre until you have your permit.
Applications can take longer to process during exceptionally busy periods, during the Christmas closedown period or if further information is required.
In order to ensure that your application is processed as quickly as possible, please ensure that you provide all information asked for throughout the application process.
Renew your Recycling Centre Permit
If your Commercial Recycling Centre Permit expired on 31 March 2020, please renew it online to continue using the Recycling Centres.
If you are a Landlord and require a permit, please apply for a Commercial Permit.
Permits are paperless and available to download and save to a tablet for displaying to the Site Attendant. Customers will be able to download and print their permit (A4 in size) for attaching to the inside of a vehicle's front windscreen.
Domestic Exemption Permit holders are not required to renew their permits annually, and only need to contact us when you change your vehicle or change your circumstances.
Change of vehicle
If you have changed your vehicle, let us know your new vehicle details so we can issue you a new permit.
You will require your permit number and previous vehicle registration in order to complete this form. This information can be obtained from your current permit, along with the make, model and colour of your new vehicle.
Accessing Recycling Centres
For information on opening days and times, visit our Recycling Centres pages.
Please note that all Commercial Permit holders disposing of waste and recycling (general, garden, inert or timber) at Friarton or Inveralmond must use the weighbridge at Friarton Depot, not the Recycling Centres.
Recycling Centre Payment Policy
Businesses and organisations wishing to dispose of chargeable wastes are reminded of the following policies:
- Those paying for chargeable waste must either purchase pre-paid vouchers or use the Friarton Weighbridge.
- The most accurate and convenient way to pay is using the Friarton Weighbridge. This will allow you to pay for exactly what you have disposed of using a credit or debit card.