Recycling Centre Permits
A Recycling Centre Permit is required for any commercial type vehicles that use Recycling Centres or Friarton Weighbridge
Apply for a Recycling Permit
You must apply for a permit if you are:
- a Perth and Kinross business or landlord who currently, or intend to,:
- recycle materials at a Recycling Centre
- dispose of / recycle other chargeable materials at Recycling Centres or Friarton Weighbridge
- a householder using a commercial type vehicle (vans and trailers 6ft long or over) to access Recycling Centre
You can find out more about the types of permits available to access our Recycling Centres:
The application process can take up to 28 days however a temporary permit will be provided to allow access during this period. Applications can take longer to process during exceptionally busy periods, during the Christmas closedown period or if further information is required. In order to ensure that your application is processed as quick as possible please ensure that you provide all information asked for within the application form.
Renew your Recycling Centre Permit
Existing Commercial Recycling Centre Permits will expire on 31st March. Existing permit holders can renew online to continue using the Recycling Centres before 25 March 2019 to avoid disruption to service.
Permits will now be paperless, and available to download and save to a smart phone or mobile device. Customers will be able to download and print their permit if they prefer a hard copy.
Domestic Exemption Permit holders will not be required to renew their permits, a new copy will be sent to them in February 2019.
From the 1 April 2019, we will no longer be accepting Landlord Permits. If you currently have a Landlord Permit, and are looking to renew, please apply for a Commercial Permit.
Change of vehicle
If you have changed your vehicle, let us know your new vehicle details so we can issue you a new permit.
You will require your permit number and previous vehicle registration in order to complete this form; this information can be obtained from your current permit.
Accessing Recycling Centres
Please note that permit holders accessing Recycling Centres with a vehicle and/or trailer of a length that is liable to cause delay or disruption to the operation of the site will be asked to wait until such time as the site can accommodate them. This may be the case particularly during the busy periods of 10am-12pm and 3pm-5pm Monday to Sunday. For information on opening days and times, visit our Recycling Centres pages.
Please note that all Commercial Permit holders disposing of waste and recycling (general, garden, inert or timber) at Friarton, Perth must use the weighbridge at the Depot, not the Recycling Centre.
Recycling Centre Payment Policy
Businesses and organisations wishing to dispose of chargeable wastes are reminded of the following policies:
- Those paying for chargeable waste can only set up an invoice on their first visit. To dispose of chargeable waste after this, customers must either purchase pre-paid vouchers or use the Friarton Weigh Bridge.
- Please note that if we have to issue an invoice, it will be for a full load regardless of how much material you are disposing of.
- The most accurate and convenient way to pay is using the Friarton Weigh Bridge. This will allow you to pay for exactly what you have disposed on, using alternative payment methods such as cash or credit or debit card.