Recycling Centre Permits
A Recycling Centre Permit is required for any commercial type vehicles that uses Recycling Centres or the Friarton Weighbridge
Friarton Weighbridge and the Recycling Centres during COVID-19 pandemic
- Permits should be displayed on your vehicle's front windscreen via an A4 sized print out or electronically on a tablet for inspection by the Site Attendants.
- Commercial customers [1Mb] can use the Friarton Weighbridge (paying by card only), but they must display their Permit as above.
- Pre-paid vouchers will be deposited in a bag while the Site Attendant socially distances.
- Commercial Permit holders can also dispose of chargeable waste and recycling via Friarton Weighbridge.
- Please be aware we are constantly monitoring the COVID situation and will react accordingly to Government advice - this may include the temporary closure of the Weighbridge or Recycling Centres.
- All the latest news and essential information for Commercial Waste and Weighbridge/Recycling Centre customers can be found on our news pages.
Do I need a Recycling Centre Permit?
You must apply for a permit if you are:
- a business or landlord who currently, or intend to,:
- recycle materials at a Recycling Centre
- dispose of / recycle other chargeable materials at Recycling Centres or Friarton Weighbridge
- a householder using a commercial type vehicle (vans, trailers 6ft long or over and horse boxes) to access Recycling Centre
Apply for, renew or amend your Recycling Centre Permit
For businesses and landlords, please visit our Commercial Permit pages. This page also details prices for chargeable (general, garden, timber and inert) waste disposal.
For householders using a commercial type vehicle, please visit our Domestic Exemption Permit pages. Please note Domestic Exemption Permit holders are not required to renew their permits annually, and only need to contact us when you change your vehicle or change your circumstances.
Recycling Centre Payment Policy
Businesses and organisations wishing to dispose of chargeable wastes are reminded of the following policies:
- Those paying for chargeable waste must either purchase pre-paid vouchers or use the Friarton Weighbridge.
- The most accurate and convenient way to pay is using the Friarton Weighbridge. This will allow you to pay for exactly what you have disposed of using a credit or debit card.