The aim of our social media channels is to influence, inspire and inform residents, colleagues, elected members, community and business partners and elected members about how we are helping the people of Perth and Kinross to live life well.
Our continuously monitored channels will contain a variety of news and information from our services and partners, keeping you informed of what is happening across our area.
We are here to help in any way we can and will make sure that the Council's core values are at the heart of all our social media channels. We would encourage you to be involved and return the same high level of courtesy given to you by our staff who are here to help you.
It is our intention to provide a safe inclusive space for healthy and engaging discussions for all members of our community, and would like to make you aware of our house rules:
- You as a user are wholly responsible for any content you post including content that you choose to share.
- We will remove, in whole or in part, posts which we believe do not follow our core values of ambition, compassion and integrity.
- We will block and remove any social media users who direct posts/messages at our elected members, staff or members of our community which we believe are:
- abusive or obscene;
- graphic sensitive or contain offensive imagery;
- deceptive or misleading;
- spam and/or off-topic content directed at our staff or users of our channels including persistent, negative or abusive posts in which the aim is to provoke a response;
- promotional material, including links to external websites;
- in violation of any intellectual property rights, including copyright; and
- in violation of any law or regulation.
We will not tolerate or respond to any abusive messages.
Anyone repeatedly engaging with us using content or language which falls into the above categories will be blocked and/or reported to the associated social media platform.
We remain politically neutral at all times on social media and council officers are unable to reply, endorse or engage with, any content that is of a party political nature. Please contact your local Councillor to discuss political issues.
We are committed to providing a high level of service. If you feel we have got something wrong, we will endeavour to resolve this with you. If you feel this has not happened, you have the right to raise a complaint.
Thank you for your continued support.