Empty homes initiative
Perth and Kinross Councils empty homes initiative grants are distributed to enable unused properties to be used again.
Empty homes grants
We have a budget to provide owners of long term empty properties a grant to help bring properties up to the Repairing Standard as outlined in the Housing (Scotland) Act 2006. Grants of up to £7,500 per bedroom are available and are awarded on a discretionary basis, subject to availability.
- are currently empty
- need to be brought back to the repairing standard
- need Electrical Rewiring/Upgrade
- need Window Replacement
- need Heating Upgrade
- need Boiler Installation
- need Plumbing Repairs
Empty Homes Grants are not available for cosmetic works including new kitchens, bathroom suites, and floor coverings.
When the owner of a property has received a grant, the owner must abide by the following conditions for a period of five years from the completion of the refurbishment:
- The property must be let via Perth and Kinross Councils Rent bond guarantee scheme;
- The refurbishment of the property must meet planning & building regulations;
- Work cannot start before the grant is approved;
- The property must be let at the relevant Local Housing Allowance (LHA) for the size and location of the property;
- The owner must be a registered landlord.
To apply or get more information
To discuss your application, property inspection or get more information please contact the Empty Homes Accommodation Team on 01738 474540 or email email@example.com
Regeneration of properties
The following video showcases previous regeneration work carried out on Perth and Kinross Council houses.