Schools - transport and trips

Free school transport is only available to pupils attending their catchment school and living more than two miles (primary) or three miles (secondary) from the school measured by the shortest available walking route.

Transport will be provided from a suitable point on the public highway.  This can be up to two miles (primary) or three miles (secondary) from the pupil's home.

Parents who have made successful  placing request for their children at other schools of their choice have to make their own transport arrangements and meet the costs thereof.

Apply for free school transport

If I am refused school transport can I appeal?

Parents of pupils who are refused school transport have the right to appeal to the Review Sub-Committee of the Lifelong Learning Committee, only on the grounds of safety or if transport is withdrawn.

Where appropriate, the Authority may provide free transport for pupils who attend a special school or specialist unit.

Replacement travel pass

If a travel pass is lost, damaged or stolen it should be reported to the school immediately. The school will issue a letter of authorisation for travel until the replacement pass is received. A £5.00 charge will be made for each replacement pass issued. The replacement pass will be issued via the child's school.

Contact details

Schools Division

2 High Street, Perth, PH1 5PH
Tel 01738 476200