Donate reusable items
Access this section for details of the network of charity shops and community waste related reuse projects operating across Perth and Kinross.
Network of charity shops & reuse projects
The Network tries to help share best practice in the reuse sector, and as new opportunities arise to help the sector grow. Find out about the main projects undertaken by the Network:
Our Charity and Reuse Projects Map [3Mb] provides detailed information on charity shops and reuse projects across Perth and Kinross (last updated July 2013).
Our Reuse container holds a considerable number of items disposed of by members of the public at local Recycling Centres that are still in a good condition.
Community Waste Related Projects
In Perth and Kinross, we actively encourage community participation in waste related projects.
Below are some of the Perth and Kinross Reuse Projects:
- Alyth Tools for Self-Reliance [110Kb] - donate unwanted hand tools at Bankfoot, Blairgowrie, Friarton or Inveralmond Recycling Centres.
- Salvation Army Furniture Reuse Project - located at the Riverview Business Park in Perth.
- Transform Furniture Project - located on Scott Street in Perth.
- Starter Packs Perth - located in Perth to divert good quality household items from landfill for reuse.
- Perth College WEEE Centre - refurbishes computers and other electrical equipment before selling it on for reuse at affordable prices.
- Perth Nappies and Slings - promotes and support the use of reusable nappies.
- Strathmore Vintage Vehicle Club - is an initiative that has been set up to rescue unwanted items from a bygone age which can help to preserve local transport heritage, while contributing towards the drive to divert more waste from landfill.
- The Perth Bike Station - is a bike reuse and recycling project that encourages people to take up cycling for commuting or for pleasure.
- Wisecraft is an arts and crafts project based in Blairgowrie which uses unwanted materials, particularly wood and textiles.
For further information about the Perth and Kinross Network of Charity Shops and Reuse Projects, please telephone 01738 476476 or email email@example.com.