Review of Polling Districts and Polling Places
The Electoral Administration Act 2006 places a duty on each local authority to carry out a review of polling districts and polling places in their area.
Notice is hereby given that Perth and Kinross Council is undertaking a review of polling districts and polling places used in connection with parliamentary elections with effect from 11 October 2019 for a period of six weeks.
Any registered elector within this area may make representation to the Council, and the representation should, if possible, include proposals for alternative polling places.
The Council would welcome representations from the Returning Officers for the relevant parliamentary constituencies, and from persons who are considered to have particular expertise in relation to access to polling premises or facilities for persons who have different forms of disability. Representations made by any persons or bodies should, if possible, include proposals for alternative polling places.
Details of the proposals are available on the downloadable section or for inspection between the hours of 10.00am and 4.00pm on any normal working day at the following Council offices:
- Alyth Library, Airlie Street, Alyth
- AK Bell Library, York Place, Perth
- Auchterarder Library, Chapel Wynd, Auchterarder
- Birnam Library, Station Road, Birnam
- Blairgowrie Library, 46a Leslie Street, Blairgowrie
- Breadalbane Community Library, Crieff Road, Aberfeldy
- Comrie Library, Drummond Street, Comrie
- Council Building, 2 High Street, Perth
- Coupar Angus Library, Town Hall, Union Street, Coupar Angus
- Crieff Area Office, 32 James Square, Crieff
- Glenearn Community Campus, Glenearn Road, Perth
- Loch Leven Community Library, The Muirs, Kinross
- North Inch Community Campus, Gowans Terrace, Perth
- Pitlochry Area Office, 26/28 Atholl Road, Pitlochry
- Pullar House, Kinnoull Street, Perth
- Scone Library, Sandy Road, Scone
- Strathearn Community Campus, Pittenzie Road, Crieff
Representations should be made in writing to the Election Team, Perth and Kinross Council, 2 High Street, Perth PH1 5PH or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 22 November 2019.